Employee Appreciation Day was created with the intent of strengthening the bond between leaders and employees as well as celebrating the efforts of their staff. Organizations would be wise to partake in holiday celebrations as it is a simple way for employers to prove they value their staff. Through our vast experience celebrating employees, we have listed 5 of our FAVORITE ways to celebrate Employee Appreciation Day.
- Food: Whether it is catered in or going out, receiving a free meal is ALWAYS appreciated. Bring in a breakfast bar filled with egg casserole, donuts, coffee, and bacon to get the day started on a fun, belly filled note. Go out to favorite local lunch spot, or pick a theme and set up a dessert buffet as an afternoon pick-me-up.
- Leave the office: Plan a team outing. Have them compile a list of activities and have everyone vote on their favorite. This can be anything that gets them out of the office and spending time as a group- Movies, bowling, sporting events, happy hour. The sky is the limit.
- Recognition/Praise: Spend one on one time with your employees. Tell them how well they are doing. Praise and thank them for their hard work. Let them know their efforts don’t go unnoticed or unappreciated (heard of AMPT?).
- Time Off: A well-deserved half or full day off is incredibly rewarding, both to the employee and to the organization.
- Gifts: This can be monetary such as gift cards to Starbucks or Panera Bread or it can be the gift of a fun activity that relieves them from everyday work. Plan an office movie day, a baggo tournament, or a trivia competition.
For those of you who don’t know… Employee Appreciation Day is Friday, March 2nd. Hurry up and get on with the planning!
For more ideas or further information about employee appreciation visit: